Are you an Illinois resident looking for a quick and easy way to work for peace? Stand with Governor Quinn by opposing the proliferation of guns.
H.B. 148, which allows individuals to carry concealed, loaded guns in most public places, is moving through the Illinois General Assembly. This bill may be voted on any day now.
If you have 60 seconds you can contact your legislator through this convenient form: http://capwiz.com/icpgv/issues/alert/?alertid=41016511&PROCESS=Take+Action
The Illinois Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence is also a great place to learn about gun issues and how to advocate for better public policy. At their site you can:
- get up-to-date facts and statistics
- see recent polling data
- learn tactics, tips, and tools for advocacy
- connect with resources for youth
- receive guidelines for contacting your elected officials
- see sample e-mails, phone scripts, and letters to the editor
Anybody know of other top notch anti-violence or public policy advocacy organizations?